Employer Website: Munib R. Masri Library/ Al-Quds University
The Open Society University Network (OSUN) is a global partnership of educational institutions that integrates learning and the advancement of knowledge across geographic and demographic boundaries, promotes civic engagement on behalf of open societies, and expands access to higher education for underserved communities.
The OSUN Librarian oversees the allocation and management of OSUN’s electronic research databases, streaming media, access and discovery tool—essential components of a broad portfolio that ensures equitable access to research materials. Working in a highly collaborative environment, the OSUN Librarian reports to the OSUN Library Resources Program Director, works closely with the network’s Technology Strategist, Registrar, OSUN faculty, and librarians from across the network.
The OSUN Librarian will work in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation and religion. The OSUN Librarian will be based at Al-Quds University.
- Initiates activation of resources and testing.
- Initiates relationships with vendors’ tech support teams and troubleshoots access issues.
- Maintains licenses, access, usage statistics analysis and payment reporting.
- Creates and maintains electronic resources records in electronic resources management tool.
- Working with the Director and faculty, encourages the adoption of open access resources and open educational resources (OER).
- Creates and maintains a searchable public-facing platform for the organization and access of resources.
- Creates and updates general research, subject-specific, and course-specific research guides.
- Creates and administers institutional repository: ensures copyright compliance, manages set-up and access, establishes policies and procedures.
- Works closely with librarians at network institutions; grants and maintains access for designated librarians in the network.
- Works with faculty to ensure acquisitions of and access to the texts needed for each course.
- Instructs faculty on the use of library resources.
- Provides information literacy and research workshops as requested.
- Provides information literacy instruction and research support to the Al-Quds Bard community.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, Instructional Design, or other related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to communicate in fluent English, and ability to communicate in Arabic is a plus.
- Awareness of trends, standards, technologies, and other developments in the management of electronic resources, particularly of open access resources and copyright issues.
- Knowledge of software pertinent to the administrative functions of databases and familiarity with tools for analyzing usage data.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional contact references to Interfolio at: email@example.com
Deadline: July 31, 2023