Position: Employer Relations Coordinator and Assistant to the Director of the Career Center
Department: Al-Quds University Career Center
Location: Abu Dis Main Campus
Employment type: Full time, fixed-term contract
Al-Quds University Career Center, a growing team of diverse professionals, is the first comprehensive one-stop center of its kind in Palestine to prepare students and graduates for the job market while connecting them to a network of employers.
Al-Quds University Career Center is seeking Employer Relations Coordinator and Assistant to the Director of the Career Center who is highly motivated, hardworking, dedicated, dynamic, and flexible to join our team. The successful candidate will play a key role in building and developing sustainable partnerships with employers, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders to support the activities of the center and provide students and alumni with employment, internship, training, mentorship, and volunteer opportunities. In addition, the successful candidate will provide high-level administrative and logistical support to the Director to ensure the smooth day-to-day management of the Career Center.
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract from January 3, 2023, to August 31, 2023, which might be renewed pending available funds. It requires a presence on Al-Quds University campus in Abu Dis for five days a week (Saturday to Wednesday) between the hours of 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design and implement an integrated Employer Relations Strategy, including annual goals and objectives, and assess the quality and effectiveness of its delivery
- Identify and build sustainable partnerships with employers, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders, and maintain and develop existing ones
- Serve as the main contact for employer inquiries and follow up on student recruitment and on campus branding requests
- Plan, schedule and execute employer-related events including career and internship fairs, employer information sessions, and employer site visits
- Plan, schedule, and deliver career development workshops on topics including self-assessment, career planning, job searching, resume and cover letter writing, and interviewing skills
- Regularly visit employers and attend professional functions, after hours if needed, to network and promote the services and programs of the Center
- Provide full administrative support at a senior level to the Director for the smooth day-to-day management of the Career Center and ensure its goals are met. This includes managing the flow of communication from and to the Director’s office, maintaining his calendar and scheduling appointments and meetings, follow-up on tasks and prepare reports as requested
- Oversee the posting of full-time and part-time job, internship, training, and volunteer opportunities on the Career Center’s website and social media accounts and advise students on applications
- Deliver presentations and information sessions to different audiences as requested
- Prepare and submit reports as requested
- Follow up on decisions from meetings and ensure deadlines are met
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, networking, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of administration principles, practices, and procedures
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm to the Center’s mission, vision, and goals
- Experience in event planning and execution
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite applications and Google Workspace
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload effectively, follow multiple tasks and projects through to completion, and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently with little supervision; collaborate well with a team
- Can-do attitude and ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
To apply, please send a resume with a recent personal photo, cover letter (in English) to explain how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet the qualifications listed in the position description, and two letters of reference to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until December 10, 2022. Please no phone calls or enquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.