Terms of Reference
Al-Quds University (AQU) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Education to Work Transition Project – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: Quality Improvement of competency-based education and training of students in health professions: (new approaches, better opportunities) seeks the selection and employment of (International Consultant) to work in the project implementation.
Al-Quds University is considering the selection of a highly qualified International Consultant to be responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare an appropriate methodology and working plan to conduct this assignment.
- Review the Need assessment report and recommendations.
- Evaluate the developed curricula of the “MLS, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Medical Imaging programs “in accordance with international standards.
- Approve the Course ILOs, prerequisites, references, resources. (Lecturer and student), assessment “Evaluation” Plan, objectives and outlines, outcomes and outputs, theoretical and practical load and course’s teaching model submitted by consultants.
- Modifying the developed courses based on students’ and staff feedback.
- Present the working plan to AQU Staff members, Partners, and steering committee on the modified curriculum.
- Ensure that the level of provided services meets the international standards and accreditation requirements.
- Evaluation of the submitted documents according to international standards.
- Conduct a comprehensive training for QU academic development team about the process of the international curricula accreditation
- An action plan.
- Approve the Upgraded program curricula according to the international standards that includes:
- Courses’ description
- Courses’ ILOs.
- Courses’ objectives
- Courses’ prerequisites.
- Courses’ assessment methods.
- Prepare an evaluation report on the new developed curricula (theoretical and practical) in Medical Lab. Sciences, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy and Medical Imaging according to international standards that will help AQU submit to gain the international accreditation approval.
- Conduct one-day training on the international standards and accreditation requirements for a minimum 10 faculty members.
- Final report to be Presented and discussed with steering committee, Partners, and faculty members to get approval.
Qualifications & Skills:
- PhD in any related field.
- Conducted at least one previous similar assignment in upgrading curriculum based on the international standards.
- 4 years of work experience in the teaching field.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
Level of effort and time frame: the expected level of effort is about (40) hours within the period from (Jan 2020) till (April 2020)
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract
Additional information Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that shows the expression of interest &curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7/12/2019