Position: Programs Coordinator and Career Counselor
Department: Al-Quds University Career Center
Location: Abu Dis Main Campus
Employment type: Full-time, fixed-term contract
Al-Quds University Career Center, a growing team of diverse professionals, is the first comprehensive one stop center of its kind in Palestine with the mission of preparing students and graduates for the job market while connecting them to a network of employers.
The Center provides students and graduates with high quality career development, programming, education, resources, and services to help them identify their strengths, reflect on their talents, and abilities, and proactively explore, design and develop their careers to succeed in an increasingly competitive workplace.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, competent, and hardworking Programs Coordinator and Career Counselor with exceptional management, organizational, and interpersonal skills to join our team. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the designing, planning, and implementation of Career Center Programs, and will also provide career counseling and planning services to students on all aspects of career development.
This is a full-time, fixed-term service contract from September 9, 2023, to August 31, 2024, which can be renewed pending satisfactory performance and available funds. The position requires a presence on Al-Quds University campus in Abu Dis for five days a week (Saturday to Wednesday) between the hours of 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Al-Quds University Career Center, or his designee, design, plan, coordinate and implement Career Center Programs with measurable annual goals and objectives in line with the Center’s mission and vision, and continuously evaluate and assess the quality and effectiveness of their delivery
- Design, plan, and oversee the delivery of Career Services, Career Counseling and Planning, and Soft Skills Programs
- Design, plan, and oversee the delivery of Employer Site Visit and the Employer Information Session Programs in coordination with the employer relations coordinator and career counselors in the different faculties
- Monitor the success of Programs and prepare monthly reports
- Serve as Career Counselor and perform tasks including:
- Provide one-to-one and group career counseling and planning services to undergraduate students, including drop-ins and appointments to help them explore their interests, values, and abilities using a wide range of assessments and counseling techniques
- Administer, analyze and interpret appropriate assessment instruments and counseling techniques for individual students and incorporate them in career counseling sessions – Advise students on internships, and jobs and other experiential learning opportunities – Help students develop and craft their career plans to achieve their short- and long-term career goals
- Coordinate between the Center and career counselors in different faculties, and work closely with them to promote and implement the Center’s programs, activities, and services ▪ Assist with the promotion, planning and delivery of the Center’s events and activities, including, career fairs, on-campus recruiting and networking events, student orientations and receptions, and other functions
- Prepare and deliver presentations and information sessions as requested
- Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with staff, faculty, students, and employers to achieve desired goals
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, Counseling, Communication, or a related field
- 2-3 years of full-time work experience as programs coordinator or in a similar role is required ▪ Demonstrated knowledge of project management and administration principles, practices, and procedures
- Experience in advising, counseling, or mentoring students at college level, preferred ▪ Strong commitment and enthusiasm to the Career Center’s mission, vision, and goals ▪ Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite applications and Google Workspace
- Skilled in planning and prioritizing workload effectively, working independently with minimal supervision; collaborate well with a team
- Ability to work under pressure, follow multiple tasks through to completion, and ensure deadlines are met
To apply, please send your updated CV with a recent personal photo along with a cover letter explaining how your work experience and skills meet the duties and responsibilities listed in the position description with the subject line “Programs Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org &email@example.com by September 1, 2023. Review of applications will commence immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest and for applying, however, incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls or inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.