The “Dual Studies” at Al-Quds University is a unique degree program that combines the theoretical in-class learning in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, and Business Administration with extensive practical training throughout the course of study, where students apply their learning at one of the partner companies and firms that have signed cooperation agreements with Al-Quds University for this purpose. Funded by the German Government through GIZ, the Dual Studies program remains unique to the entire MENA region, and aims at providing its students with a competitive professional and practical experience that allows them to bridge the gap between the needs of the society and labor market on the one hand, and the learning outcomes on the other. The Dual Studies program is modeled on the German approach of linking the academic learning with the work environment and labor market.
Throughout the program’s duration, students divide their time equally between in-class on- campus learning, and the practical application and training at the partner companies. The course of study which lasts for four years consists of eight semesters, half of which are spent on campus (theoretical phase) and the other half at the partner companies (practical phase).
Responsibilities and tasks of the Field Training Coordinator:
- Maintain and manage the professional relations with more than 170+ Dual Studies partner companies.
- Attract new companies to join Dual Studies network of partner companies for purposes of providing practical training for the program’s students.
- Prepare educational plans for the students, in coordination with the partner companies and program’s Study Director.
- Conduct regular contacts with and visits to all partner companies as well as the Government and intermediary sector (chambers, associations, etc.)
- Visit students during the practical phase to evaluate the students’ performance, to ensure their effective involvement in the work environment as well as the implementation of the educational plan.
- Update the Study Directors about the students’ progress and training outcomes.
- Provide feedback for the related Study Director on any issues facing the student or the company supervisor to work on and overcome.
- Maintain contact with the partner companies to ensure the proper evaluation of students on time.
- Update the students and companies database.
- Coordinate activities between the university and the private sector, e.g. involvement of the private sector in the teaching process
- Manage the Dual Studies outreach efforts to attract new students to the program and assist in matching new students with partner companies.
Prepare and archive MoUs and contracts.
Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Business Administration, Information Technology, or a relevant field. A graduate degree in Business or management is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven substantial work experience with the private sector & knowledge in the Palestinian labor market.
- Good working knowledge in ITC technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and speedy responsiveness to communications.
- Valid driving license and ability to move around the West Bank. Owning a car is a plus.
- The ability to design lobbying and advocacy campaigns.
- The ability to work within a team and under pressure.
- Starting ASAP with a 12 months contract with possible extension.
- Duty Station: Field & Al Quds University, Abu Dis
- Working Language: English, Arabic
- Type of Position: Full time on the Dual Studies project
- Deadline of the application: Friday, February 1st 2019
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send a copy of an up-to-date CV and a Cover Letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 11th 2019.
Please make sure to mention the position name in the subject. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Al-Quds University is an equal opportunity employer.
For further inquiries please call 02-2794194