Dr. Zaghal received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Kent State University in Ohio, USA in 2005, his Master in Computer Science from the American University in Washington DC in 1996, and his Bachelor degree in CS from Yarmouk University in 1993. Currently he is an Assistant Professor, lecturer and researcher at the Computer Science Dept at Al-Quds University (since 1996). His research interests are in Network Theories and Protocols’ Design, Routing Protocols, MANETs, Cloud-Computing, Mobile Applications and Software Engineering Tools and Modeling. He had advised many Master students on research projects in these fields and published more than 35 articles in peer-reviewed Journals and international conferences.
He served as the head of the Computer Science Department for two terms (5 years total), and the head of the Dual Studies in IT department for one term (3 years total).
During the past 25 years, he had participated in many developmental and research projects for the development and advancement of the CS department and AQU in general.
Courses taught: Undergraduate level: Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Programming Using Java, Object-Oriented Programming, Software Engineering, Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Networks, Creative Design for IT, Skills for the Workplace, Compiler Design. Graduate level: Advanced Computer Networks and Communication, and Advanced Software Engineering. Programming Languages Design.
Selected Publications (from the last 10 years only):
- Salah, S., Nassar, M., Zaghal, R., & Hamed, O. (2021). Towards the automatic generation of Arabic Lexical Recognition Tests using orthographic and phonological similarity maps. Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences, Elsevier (in the press).
- Salah, S., Abu Alhawa, M., Zaghal, R., (2021). Desktop and mobile operating system fingerprinting based on IPv6 protocol using machine learning algorithms . Int. J. Security and Networks (In the press).
- Abdeljawad, M., Salah, S., Zaghal, R., (2020). DSDV EXTENSION TO ENHANCE THE PERFORMANCE OF AD HOC NETWORKS IN HIGH DIVERSE-VELOCITY ENVIRONMENTS. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), Vol. 14, No, 6.
- Madaa Abdeljawad, Saeed Salah and Raid Zaghal, PERFORMANCE COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DSDV, E-DSDV, I-DSDV AND O-DSDV MANET ROUTING PROTOCOLS”. World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT), Vol. 8, No. 4., 2018.
- Raid Zaghal, Saeed Salah, and Fadi Alyounis, “A SURVEY OF FOUR ROUTING PROTOCOLS FOR WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS”, International Journal of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (IJDIWC), Vol. 7, No. 1, Jan. 2017, Pages 49-59.
- Raid Zaghal and Imad Abu-Saadah, “MANET ROUTING PROTOCOLS: COMPARATIVE STUDY”. Journal of Al-Quds Open University for Research and Studies, No. 30, Part (1), June 2013.
- Zaghal, R., Faraj, M., Mubada, A. (2018, October). Al-Basma School for Children with ASD – Lessons Learned From The Open-Doors Policy And The Real-Life Stations. The International Conference on Science and Education (ICONSE), Antalya, Turkey.
- Zaghal, R., Salah, S., Nassar, M. (2018, October). Towards The Automatic Generation Of Diacritized Arabic Lexical Recognition Tests. The International Conference On Science And Education (ICONSE), Antalya, Turkey.
- Zaghal, R., Salah, S., and Jabali, N. (2018, March). Extending AES With DH Key-Exchange to Enhance VoIP Encryption in Mobile Networks. The 6th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, Naples, Italy.
- Zaghal, R., Ismail, M. Salah, S. (2018, Feb). An Infiniband-Based Mechanism to Enhance QoS In Multipath Routing Protocols In MANETs. The 9th IEEE /IFIP International Conference On New Technologies, Mobility & Security, Paris, France.
- Zaghal, R., Thabateh, K. Salah, S. (2017, July). Towards a Smart Intersection Using Traffic Load Balancing Algorithm. SAI Computing Conference, London, UK.
- Zaghal, R., Alyounis, F., Salah, S. (2016, Nov). Performance Evaluation of Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Comparative Study. Proceedings of The Fifth International Conference on Informatics and Applications, Takamatsu, Japan.
- Zaghal, R., Zayyad, M. (2017, May). Blending Modern Teaching Methods and Information Technology Tools in University-Level Course Development. International Conference on Research in Education And Science, Ephesus Kusadasi, Turkey.
- Hamamreh, R., Jamoos, M., Zaghal, R. (2014, Dec). DILH: Data Integrity Using Linear Combination For Hash Algorithm. IEEE World Symposium On Computer Applications & Research (WSCAR), Tunisia.
- Osrof, M. Zaghal, R. (2012, Dec). Ontology Based Business Rules Extraction Model and Algorithm (OBBREMA). Proceedings of The 12th International Arab Conference on Information Technology (ACIT’2012), Zarqa, Jordan.
- Zayyad, M, Zaghal, R. (2012, July). Instructional Design and Course Development in Computerized Environment. The 1st International Conference on E-Learning in The Arab World, Egyptian E-Learning University (EELU). Cairo, Egypt.
- Zaghal, R., Sbeih, A. (2012, June). Arabic Morphological Analyzer With Text To Voice. The 2nd International Conference on Communications and Information Technology (ICCIT-2012), Hammamet, Tunisia.
- Zaghal, R., Fahel, A. (2012, June). Improving Software Security in Software Design Models. The 7th Iberian Conference On Information Systems And Technologies (CISTI’2012), Madrid, Spain.
- Zaghal, R., Abu-Kamel, A. (2010, July). A Comparison Among EJB And COM+ Applications Case Study: Response Time and Scalability, The Second International Conference on Networked Digital Technologies (NDT’2010), Prague, Czech Republic.