Introduction to Environmental studies, Wastewater technology, water and treated water quality, Soil science .
Office Hours: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday : 10-11 am and 13 – 14 pm
Academic History and experience
Dr. Jawad Hasan Shoqeir is the director of Soil & Hydrology Research (http://www.alquds.edu/en/soil-hydrology-laboratory.html), working at the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Al-Quds University, Palestine. Dr. Shoqeir interests are focused in the field of integrated resources management (IRM), groundwater quality, watershed hydrology. He has worked extensively on soils and water quality issues as well as he is enrolled in ILTER (https://deims.org/85b2c11a-8d09-4582-8048-195f3519c41c). He has worked extensively on Wadi Nar/Kidron master plan and Yarqon/Auja master plan where water management issue is a main conflict issue between riparians. Dr. Shoqeir teaching several courses for graduates and postgraduates about water resources management and cross conflict issues among riparian countries. Dr. Shoqeir projects are related to understanding and estimating water quality, water budget in the Dead Sea Basin, he is interested in the impact of wastewater mixing with the available freshwater.
Dr. Jawad Shoqeir has published many manuscripts in international journals, including:
• Alsamamra, H., Shoqeir, J. and Zeade., F.,(2021) Indirect Impact of Segregation Wall on the Investment in Renewable Energy in Palestine. European Journal of Sustainable Development (2021), 10, 2, 159-170 ISSN: 2239-5938 Doi: 10.14207/ejsd.2021.v10n2p159, https://doi.org/10.4000/poldev.2002
• Alsamamra, H., Isaila, I. and Shoqeir, J. (2021) Promoting Energy Efficiency in the Palestinian Mu- nicipalities: A Case Study of Al-Dahriya Municipality. Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, 12, 17-29. https://doi.org/10.4236/sgre.2021.122002
• Husain Alsamamra, Jawad Shoqeir, Solar Photovoltaic Systems on Public Schools Buildings: A Case Study in Palestine, American Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. Vol. 10, No. 1, 2021, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.11648/j.epes.20211001.11
• Alsamamra, H.R. and Shoqeir, J.A.H (2020) Assessment of Wind Power Potential at Eastern-Jerusalem, Palestine Open Journal of Energy Efficiency, 9, 131-149. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojee.2020.94009
• Khalaf, S.; Shoqeir, J.H.; Lelario, F.; Bufo, S.A.; Karaman, R.; Scrano, L. TiO2 and Active Coated Glass Photodegradation of Ibuprofen. Catalysts 2020, 10, 560. DOI
https://doi.org/10.3390/catal10050560 Received: 29 January 2020 / Revised: 22 February 2020 / Accepted: 25 February 2020 / Published: 18 May 2020
• Shoqeir J. (2019) Assessment of Vulnerability and Risk Mapping at Marsaba—Feshcha Catchment. In: Chaminé H., Barbieri M., Kisi O., Chen M., Merkel B. (eds) Advances in Sustainable and Environmental Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Hydrochemistry and Water Resources. Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development). Springer, Cham, pp 271-275, ISBN978-3-030-01572-5. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01572-5_65.
• Khalaf, S., Shoqeir, J.H., Scrano, L., Karaman, R., Bufo, S.A. and Kurniawan, T.A. (2019) Removal of Herbicides from Water Using Heterogeneous Photocatalysis Case Study: MCPA Sodium Monohydrate. Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 11, 1024-1035.https: //doi.org/10.4236/jwarp.2019.118060
• J. H. Shoqeir, H. Fataftah, J. van de Vossenberg, P. van der Steen and S. Khalaf (2018) Performance of Anaerobic Baffled Reactor/Gravel Bed Filter Towards Domestic Wastewater Treatment”. EC Agriculture 4.2 (2018): 153-158. ECAG-04-00105.pdf (569.5Kb)
• Khalaf, S., Shoqeir, J.H., Scrano, L. et al. Environ Sci Pollut Res (2018). Photodegradation using TiO2-activated borosilicate tubes Environmental Science and Pollution Research https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-2858-5. ISSN1614-7499 (https://rdcu.be/4Cai)
• Khalaf, S., Shoqeir, J.H., Scrano, L., Karaman, R., Sabino A. Bufo (2018) Photodegradation using TiO2-activated borosilicate tubes. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, ISSN 0944-1344 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-2858-5.
• Ahlborn, M., Armon, M., Ben Dor, Y., Neugebauer, I., Schwab, M., Tjallingii, R., Shoqeir, J.H., Brauer, A. (2018). Increased frequency of torrential rainstorms during a regional late Holocene eastern Mediterranean drought. Quaternary Research, 89(2), 425-431. doi:10.1017/qua.2018.9.
• Djukic, I., et al., Early stage litter decomposition across biomes, Sci Total Environ (2018), https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.scitotenv. 2018.01.012
• Matano, A., Van der Steen, P., Hasan Shoqeir, J., and Alfonso, L., (2018) Framework to Identify Optimal Configurations of (De)Centralised Wastewater Systems, in Abu Dis, West Bank, 13th International Conference on Hydroinformatics, vol 3, pages 1350–1357https://easychair.org/publications/paper/H2pD, https://doi.org/10.29007/lnhb