Bachelor in Midwifery
It started as an upgrading midwifery program in 1998, and as a direct entry in 2008. Currently, the Midwifery program offers the two domains; a direct entry and an upgrading entry to get a Bachelor degree in Midwifery. The main aim of launching this program is strengthening and promoting the health status of women and children and also to have assessment and management skills in preventing and diagnosing any health problem before, during or after pregnancy and during and after delivery.
The aim of the program is to develop competent and accountable qualified professional midwives who are able to assess, diagnose, manage, and prevent or detect any deviation that may arise during the preconception, antenatal, labor, and postnatal period. The program helps create future leaders and teachers in midwifery. The department always strives to be unique in its academic program and graduates by following the rules and regulations of WHO and ICM.
- Providing integrated health care to pregnant women and asylum health services in various health facilities and community.
- Collaborating with other health care services and emphasize team work.
- Following the scientific method in provision of health services to ensure the provision of integrated health care.
- Being active members and influential in the health system.
- Preparing and criticizing of research through the study of the basic principles for conducting research.
- Exercising leadership roles in various health care institutions.
Tawjihi with an average of 70% science stream, and conditionally 90% from literary stream.
- Primary health care centers
- Hospitals (maternity wards, labor rooms, neonate and normal nursery wards, gynecology clinics, antenatal clinics, theatre)
- Academic and community health institutions
- Research centers
- Women administrative departments