Bachelor in Physical Therapy
The Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation department was established at the beginning of the academic year 1999/2000 for the bachelor’s degree, while the master’s program was established at the beginning of the academic year 2018-2019.
The mission of the Physiotherapy department is to contribute to building an integrated and highly efficient Palestinian health sector by providing it with specialists with a high level of theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the field of physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
As physiotherapy is one of the basic health professions, it was known early as an art and science that contributes to the development of health and the prevention of disease through an advanced understanding of the foundations of body movement and its mechanism of action.
- Contribute to the graduation of qualified physiotherapists with scientific and practical knowledge
- Contribute to the provision of quality services in various fields of physiotherapy
- Contribute to building and implementing continuing education programs in various fields of physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Activating the systematic application of scientific research methods
- Strengthening the relationship with the local community in a way that contributes to achieving the mission and mission of the public university
Our graduate of physiotherapy department will acquire various professional skills in the field of physiotherapy, such as therapeutic exercises, thermotherapy , hydrotherapy, electrotherapy , manual therapy , cardiopulmonary, respiratory and other physiotherapeutic skills .
Our graduate will also acquire communication and communication skills and deal with many pathological conditions, on top of which are congenital malformations in children, back and neck pain, sport injuries, brain and spinal cord injuries, postural deviations, peripheral nerve injuries, rehabilitation of patients with fractures and bones, post-operative respiratory therapy and many other cases that consider physiotherapy as an integral part of their integrated treatment plan.
The physiotherapy department receives annually a group of outstanding students who meet the admission requirements, which are:
- Passing the General Secondary School Science Branch with an average of not less than 75% (subject to change from year to year)
- Accepting students who have a high responsibility and a desire to alleviate the suffering of patients
- The program receives 30-40 students annually, taking into account the needs of the market and the absorptive capacity of the training centers.
- Rehabilitation centers
- Childhood and maternity centers
- Geriatric Centers
- private clinics
- Community rehabilitation program
- Specialized research centers
- Academic institutions specialized in teaching physical therapy