Materials Engineering (MtlE) has a long and distinguished tradition in materials education and research, and today our faculty continue to address the more important and challenging issues at the forefront of science and technology. MtlE is an interdisciplinary activity that applies the principles of basic sciences and engineering to understanding the behavior of materials, their development and applications. Our undergraduate students are exposed to this interdisciplinary approach. The mission of the Department of Materials Engineering is to develop and disseminate understanding of structure-property-processing-performance relationships for engineering materials through instruction and research. The program is a nationally recognized leader in the education of students at the undergraduate level in the field of materials engineering. Its graduates will attain prominence in industry, government service, and academia.
The educational objectives of the Materials Engineering program at Al-Quds university are to produce graduate who :
- Are problem-solvers and innovators, having a solid foundation in Materials Engineering.
- Function effectively in a professional environment, having the necessary communication and leadership skills.
- Can pursue research and advanced studies in on advance areas and engage in graduate studies.
- Can integrate professional responsibilities and ethical codes in their professional careers.
- Can identify contemporary issues in Materials Engineering.
The ILO’s of the Materials Engineering program adhere to the American Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Thus, upon completion of this program, students will have :
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
The conditions announced by the Admission Department before each new academic year.
Materials engineers have the ability to prepare and study materials at the atomic level. They can analyze and understand the characteristics of materials and their components. They can solve problems in several different engineering fields, such as mechanical, chemical, electrical, or civil.
Materials engineers graduates could work in different fields such as: manufacturing, professional, administrative and support service activities, scientific and technical activities, information and communication, construction, and education. So, Graduates can work in different sectors either private or public sector such as:
- Materials characterization centers.
- Concrete companies and factories.
- Plastic companies and factories.
- Food companies and factories.
- Packaging factories.
- Iron and steel companies and factories.
- Construction companies.
- Glass Factories.
- Ceramic Factories.
- Education (secondary school teachers, subject to the relevant decisions of the ministry of education).