Bachelor's degree in electronics engineering
The department was first established in 1981 to provide the BSc degree in electronic technology and then developed in 1993 to provide the BSc degree in electronic engineering (EE). The study plans were developed to adhere to the intended learning outcomes (ILOs) of the American Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Students are prepared to achieve high quality electronic engineering education and research that enable graduates for leadership and excellence in their profession. The acquired knowledge covers all fields of this specialization which include but not limited to electric and electronic circuits, digital systems, power systems, control systems, signal processing, instrumentations and measurements.
The Department aims to have an active role in society via providing technology-related services, and to play a role in sustainable development. Our vision is to provide the Palestinian and regional markets with high qualified human resources, who have proper scientific and technical background in the different fields of electronic Engineering.
The educational objectives of the Electronic Engineering Department are to turn out graduates who :
- Are competent engineers with solid foundations in Electronics.
- Are problem-solvers, innovators, and can handle the rapid pace of modern electronic technology.
- Can function effectively in professional environment, have the necessary communication and leadership skills, and adhere to standard codes of ethics.
- Can pursue graduate studies and carry out research in advanced topics and specializations.
The ILO’s of the Electronic Engineering program adhere to the American Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Thus, upon completion of this program, students will have :
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve Engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of Engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for Engineering practice.
The conditions announced by the Admission Department before each new academic year.
Electronic Engineering graduates work in several fields, including:
- Electronic circuit design companies.
- Installing, operating and maintaining production lines in factories.
- Factories of construction, food & materials industries such as metals, aluminum, plastics and paper industries.
- Electricity distribution companies and private sector companies.
- Design, installation and extension of networks.
- Integrated logic circuit construction companies and chip design.
- Electrical equipment inspection and maintenance centers.
- Land-line & cellular communications companies, in Palestine & neighboring countries.
- Radio and TV broadcasting stations.
- University laboratories, study and research centers, postgraduate studies.
- Importing and marketing control systems and software.
- Hospitals, in the field of installing and maintaining medical devices.
- Installation of elevator systems, monitoring and security systems.
- Starting a special project in the field of electronic engineering.