Master’s Degree in Psychological Counseling
The university began offering the postgraduate program in Psychological and educational counseling through the diploma program, and then the master’s program in psychological counseling and education was added, at the beginning of the second quarter of the year 1999/2000.
The Master’s Program in Psychological and Educational Counseling seeks to excel in the provision of academic programs related to specialization at the theoretical and practical levels, which contribute to the preparation of students to succeed in work in the fields of education, social and clinical, etc., with the studied expansion in postgraduate programs based on research skills development and follow-up the updatedin specialization with the work to adopt and take into account the culture of society, to contribute to the service of society in the fields of research, teaching, counseling and psychological therapy.
The program aims to prepare the school psychologist/counselor at the master level through the regular study of courses and the preparation of a thesis in the field of educational and psychological guidance and passing field training on the skills, techniques and tools of counseling in diagnosis and treatment and preventive development. In light of this, the program aims to:
- Providing students with concepts, strategies and guiding theories related to psychological counseling in general and scholastic counseling in particular.
- Training students on the use of psychological counseling tools and mechanisms in development, prevention and treatment.
- Training students to conduct scientific research and field applications.
- Empower students with the necessary academic and professional competencies in psychological counseling.
Providing students with the following skills:
- Students acquire the skills of using mental and personal tests and measurements and know their implicationsfor the use of counseling work.
- Students acquire counseling skills in diagnosing academic difficulties, behavioral problems and mentaldisorders among the learners.
- Students acquire the skills of developing individual and group counseling plans and programs.
- Students acquire the skills of designing effective intervention strategies and techniques to addresspsychological compatibility problems.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university in any academic field with a minimum grade of good grade.
- The applicant must adhere to the required lectures, noting that the lectures hours is usually held in the evening.
- Passing the personal interview that he / she applies to immediately after submitting the application.
- Must have at least two years experience in the field of education or vocational .
Master of psychological and educational counseling offers the opportunity to graduates in the following sectors:
- Schools, psychological counseling and mental health centers
- Mental health hospitals, governmental, non-governmental and social institutions