Dr. Hadeel Halaweh holds a Ph.D. in Medical Sciences/Physiotherapy from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. She joined Al-Quds University in 2001, and she has contributed to the designing and development of bachelor and master programs in physiotherapy. She served as a head of department, founder and coordinator of the master program (MPT). She is a mentor and consultant in the health care and rehabilitation sciences at both academic and professional levels. Member of the Scientific Research Ethics Committee at Al-Quds University, a jury member for several important awards in the health sector, and a reviewer for numerous distinguished international scientific journals.
Dr. Hadeel combines professional, academic, and research expertise; at the professional level, her career focuses on providing therapeutic services, conducting and supervising specialized training courses, in addition to developing and enhancing cooperation with institutions and centers working in the field of health and physiotherapy locally and internationally. Dr. Hadeel’s research interests focus on the areas of health care, physical activity, neuro-rehabilitation, aging and gerontology, and health-related quality of life.
- Halaweh H. Correlation between Health-Related Quality of Life and Hand Grip Strength among Older Adults, Experimental Aging Research. 2020;1-14. https://doi.org/10.1080/0361073X.2020.1716157
- Halaweh H, Dahlin-Ivanoff S, Svantesson U, Willén C. Perspectives of Older Adults on Aging Well: A Focus Group Study. Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/9858252
- Halaweh H, Willén C, Svantesson U. Association between physical activity and physical functioning in community-dwelling older adults. European Journal of Physiotherapy. 2017; 19(1):40-47.
- Halaweh H, Willen C, Grimby-Ekman A, Svantesson U. Physical functioning and fall-related efficacy among community-dwelling elderly people. European Journal of Physiotherapy. 2016; 18(1):11-17.
- Halaweh H, Svantesson U, Rosberg S, Willen C. Cross-Cultural Adaptation,Validity and Reliability of the Arabic Version of the Falls Efficacy Scale International (FES-I). Medical Principles and Practice. 2016;25(1):1-7.
- Halaweh H, Svantesson U, Willén C. Experiences of Habitual Physical Activity in Maintaining Roles and Functioning among Older Adults: A Qualitative Study. Rehabilitation Research and Practice. 2016; 2016(1459597.
- Halaweh H, Willen C, Grimby-Ekman A, Svantesson U. Physical Activity and Health-Related Quality of Life Among Community Dwelling Elderly. Journal of Clinical Medicine Research. 2015;7(11):845-52