Bachelor in Laboratory Sciences
The Department aims to provide the students with a strong theoretical and practical background in the medical laboratory sciences which enables students to pursue their particular careers. The program seeks to qualify students in MLS with high professional competence. In addition, enhancing students’ confidence and ethical attitude in dealing with the patient’s health status as well as cooperation with the medical staff towards accurate diagnosis and treatment.
The Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) program at Al-Quds University is designed to provide students with strong practical laboratory skills as well as theoretical background in clinical and basic sciences that enable the students to pursue their particular careers. The program seeks to qualify students in MLS with high professional competence through different means by:
- Providing strong clinical and basic scientific background that enables the students to work in clinical laboratories and participate in the future development of these laboratories.
- Providing strong clinical training in a wide range of areas of clinical diagnosis of diseases that develop their laboratory techniques and skills.
- Emphasizing professional integrity and pride throughout the program.
- Motivating the students through understanding their important role in clinical diagnosis and decision-making in patient care.
- Maintaining the high standard of Medical Laboratory Sciences profession.
- Preparing the students to cope with the new advances in the instrumentation and modern techniques in clinical laboratory testing.
- Provide the students with the necessary skills for communication with other medical team and community members.
- Preparing the students for national and international licensing and accreditation.
- Demonstrate knowledge in core medical laboratory sciences and the related methodologies in hematology and hemostasis, microbiology, immunology, transfusion medicine, clinical chemistry, and molecular genetics.
- Acquire knowledge in medical laboratory safety, administration and management of human resources, finance, and operations.
- Evaluate and interpret laboratory results utilizing critical thinking skills
- Solve problems arising in medical laboratory practices and contribute to the development of the professional practice.
- Perform clinical laboratory testing according to the standardized protocols and procedures utilizing quality control.
- Conduct scientific research in medical laboratory related fields.
Attitudes and Values
- Recognize the need for further knowledge and skills to undertake continuous professional development.
- Ensure ethical, legal, organizational and professional framework within which medical laboratory scientists operate.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
The student will be accepted in Health Sciences College/Medical Laboratory Sciences after successfully graduation from high secondary school/ scientific stream with an average in accordance with the requirements of the university in that particular year