Master of Applied and Industrial Technology
The Master of Applied and Industrial Technology Program was established in 1996. This program is a complement to the Bachelor’s program, where students are prepared in chemistry with a focus on the practical aspect and highlights the importance of this subject within the industrial development, which is the key to economic development. The Palestinian industrial sector is in a high need to a new staff and experts that can be provided as an outcome of this program. We feel confident that they will play a crucial role to develop this industry in different fields. In addition, these qualified graduates and the staff will be able to implement and develop various industrial production methods instead of importing them from external countries.
- Graduates will be able to employ appropriate experimental methods to solve problems in various industrial sectors.
- Graduates will contribute to the development of Palestinian economy by implementing the latest technologies in research and manufacturing industries. In addition, they will also be able to start their own private business.
- Graduates will be critical thinkers, having the ability to reflect upon scientific knowledge and continue to broaden their knowledge with new discoveries and findings.
- Graduates will be able to communicate and apply underlying principles and values related to the various industrial sectors.
- Graduates will be totally qualified to pursue their studies towards their PhD degree in a variety of related fields.
- work independently to hold positions of full responsibility in the implementation of industrial and research projects and structures.
- Recognize, understand and undertake professional careers in the area of industrial chemistry, through independently managing diversified activities, such as the characterization of new products and materials.
- Apply updated technologies and activities related to the development of pilot phase in view of the industrial production.
- Interact during the decision-making process with different corporate functions (engineering, marketing etc.).
- Involve in the process of research, development and marketing of active principles, especially those characterized by high added value.
- Involve in the creative process and in the management and operational phases of research in chemistry and industrial chemistry either in public or private laboratories, research centers in addition to research and development organizations.
- Participate in the theoretical and practical development of new chemical technologies, and to meet requirements of research and development, quality control within specific legal frameworks or production processes in industries and public institutions.
- Communicate independently and fluently with partners.
- All applicants must pass an acceptance exam or a personal interview (or both).
- The applicant must have his bachelor’s degree in the related field with at least good evaluation rate (>70%).
- Students can also be accepted with less than a good grades average rate to a higher diploma track in this program and if they get an average of 80% and above in the theoretical courses, they can be accepted to the master’s degree program.
- The student will be able to be involved in any industrial sector.
- The student will able to continue a PhD study in any chemistry branch or industrial technology.