- Had BSc. in Biology from Birzeit University (1981). Got EU scholarship for postgraduate diploma in Botany at Aberdeen University (1987). Then he got British Council, ASAI and Kings Funds for PhD at Kings College University of London (1994).
- Teaching Courses: botany, biochemistry, anatomy, taxonomy, medicinal plants, biotechnology, biodiversity, tissue culture, ecology, physiology, bioethics, Islam & science.
- Research: bioactive compounds from medicinal plants.. Bio-control, plant tissue culture, molecular analysis, ecotourism and conservation of plant biodiversity (botanic gardens).
- Experience: Associate Professor at Life sciences of Al-Quds University for the last 25 years. Sabbatical year at the Arab American University Jenin. Consultant for Palestinian Ministry of Education, Agriculture, Environment, UNESCO, FAO, UNDP. Organized the scientific symposium of Biotechnology (2012), the conference of challenges facing environment in the Arab region (2020) and the international conference of a Palestinian poet Al-Manasrah (2021).
- Represented Al-Quds University and Palestine in many scientific meetings, seminars, conferences in Palestine, and the world.